Thursday, February 5, 2009

lay off the antibacterial soap!


[new york, january 2009]


As crazy as it may sound (yea it sounds pretty disgusting to me as well) my Physical Anthropology teacher actually urged us to lay off using antibacterial soap (hand sanitizers included!). Why you may ask? Well, the more a person uses antibacterial, of course many of them (as in bacteria) will die off or however you term that. And of course, there are the few and proud strong bacteria that can withstand antibacterial. If you can see where I'm going with this, with Darwin's theory of NATURAL SELECTION, these strong bacteria will reproduce and antibacterial soap would be pretty much obsolete.

And on the other hand, I was listening to KIIS FM about worms in brains due to uncooked pork or food handling practices such as washing hands which aren't abided. So they URGE you to wash your hands.

What to do, what to do?!

♥ kat

PS
I'm a total germaphobe (I know it's not a word) and have OCD when it comes to washing my hands (wash, soap, rinse, dry, hand sanitizer). So these two facts I learn aren't necessarily eye-openers BUT I'm a bit confused on what to do when it comes to whether or not to use antibacterial soap or not. I mean, you want to be CLEAN right?

1 comment:

Susana Rodrigues said...

Hi there :D
lol loved to read this post! Let's see, what can you do? hummm stop eating pork and wash your hands with normal soap ;)
hehe
love
Su